Home : FAQ

Town Hall

Show All Answers

1. Mailing address

Town of Egg Harbor 5242 County I Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235-8936

2. Meetings

The town plan commission meets every 2nd Monday of the month at 6:00pm at the town hall. The town board meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00pm at the town hall. Meeting notices with agenda are posted in 3 public places: the town hall, Van’s Lumber and Hardware, and Door County Coffee & Tea. The town board agendas are also published in the Door County Advocate.

3. Office Hours

The clerk-treasurer has regular office hours at the Town Hall located at 5242 County I, just east of Carlsville. She can be reached: Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 - 4:00pm. 920-743-6141.

Garbage and Recycling Info.

Show All Answers

1. Recycling

The town of Egg Harbor contracts with Advanced Disposal for recyclables. The locations and times are as follows: Every third Saturday of the month 9:00am - 10:00am Egg Harbor fire station located on Harbor School road in the village of Egg Harbor. 10:30am - 12:00 noon, Egg Harbor town hall and fire station located on County I, one mile east of Carlsville. You can also take your recyclables to Advanced disposal. #920-743-9472

Dog Licenses

Show All Answers

1. Dog license

All dog license are to be renewed by January 1st of each year. Dog licenses are collected by the town of Egg Harbor clerk-treasurer during regular office hours. Cost of a license are: Neutered males and spayed females: $3.00 Males and unspayed females: $8.00 All owners must present proof that dogs are vaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian before the dogs can be licensed. You must bring this slip with you when applying in person. If applying by mail, you must send the rabies vaccination slip along with your fee, and the slip will be returned to you along with your license. The above is true, even if the treasurer saw the slip last year, she needs to see it again. All previous records are turned into the courthouse.

Forms and Permits

Show All Answers

1. Permit requirements

The following require permitting: new construction (to include garages and or any out buildings) altering or enlarging the exterior measurements of an existing building or structure converting a garage, barn or other structure into a dwelling converting a building into a business or for manufacturing a product driveways & roads culverts signs for any commercial type business. Application forms are available at the town office or can also be found in this web site under Forms and Permits.

2. To Obtain A Burning Permit

Contact the Fire Chief,Steve Schopf at 493-5982